Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Congressman Sherwood Grovels in Ad

Would he eat a horse rectum for a dollar?

Are there any Republicans who wouldn't, in John Oliver's memorable phrase, "eat a horse rectum for a dollar?" Perhaps they show so little concern for the human dignity protected by the Geneva Conventions because they don't have any themselves.

Republican Representative Don Sherwood, accused of trying to strangle his Washington mistress Cynthia Ore, with whom he had a 5 year extramarital affair, pleads for voters to forgive him in this campaign ad. Both Tricky Rick Santorum and President Bush have recorded telephone messages for his campaign.

Sherwood represents Pennsylvania's 10th congressional district. He currently lags Democratic challenger Chris Carney by almost 10 points in the polls. Here's the text of Sherwood's undignified ad:

SHERWOOD: I made a mistake that nearly cost me the love of my wife, Carol, and our daughters. As a family, we’ve worked through this because of my deep regret, our love, and the fact that the allegation of abuse was never true. While I’m truly sorry for disappointing you, I never wavered from my commitment to reduce taxes, create jobs and bring home our fair share. Should you forgive me, you can count on me to keep on fighting hard for you and your family.

Video at Sherwood's web site (0:33)

No comments: